Vasuki Tal Trek – Trek to the source of river Ganga
Brahma Kamal a rare species of flowers are found around Vasuki Tal, and it is amidst glaciers no vegetation is found here. The views of Chaukhamba peaks and other Himalayan ranges are surpassing.
Vasuki Tal is a high altitude lake (4,978 m) in the Garhwal Himalayan region, it is named Vasuki Tal because it resembles the snake of Lord Shiva and people believe that Lord Vishnu took bath in this Lake and it became sacred. The water is clear and it is fed by Mt. Vasuki.
Brahma Kamal’s around this mystic Lake
No vegetation is found here and this lake is in between two glaciers but plenty of Braham Kamal’s can be found here which makes it look very beautiful, Brahma Kamal is rarely found and can be only seen in the Himalayan region.
Traverse Gangotri glacier
To reach Vasuki Tal Gangotri Glacier needs to be traversed which makes this trek adventurous and full of thrill. This trek is moderate but there are some difficult sections in which skills are needed.
Chaukhamba Peaks are visible from here and other magnificent Himalayan peaks glimmer from a distance. Vasuki Tal is base of Mt. Vasuki and Mt. Satopanth.
About Vasuki Tal
- It is at an altitude of 4,978 m
- Traverse Gangotri glacier to reach Vasuki Tal
- It is believed Lord Vishnu took bath in this Lake
- Amazing views of Chaukhamba Peaks
- Brahma Kamal’s are found in abundance here
Highlights of this Trek
- Duration: 11 days (Dehradun to Dehradun)
- Best Season: May, June, September, and October
- Level: Moderate
- Highest Points: (4980 m)
- Trekking distance (total): (78 km.)
- Weather: Night temperature is cold and the day temperature is pleasant during the season.
- Winter temperatures: (-2°C to -5°C)
- Summer temperatures: (0°C to 5°C)
- Location Chart: Drive – Dehradun, Mussoorie, Uttarkashi, Gangotri, Chirbasa, Bhojbasa, Goumukh, Tapovan, Nandanvan, Vasukital
- Started point: Dehradun
The altitude you are going to cover
1. Gangotri (10,145 feet)
2. Chirbasa (11761 feet)
3. Bhojbasa (12761 feet)
4. Tapovan (14202 feet)
5. Nandanvan (14345 feet)
6. Vasuki Tal (16332 feet)