Hampta Pass Trek – Trek to place with vibrant variety and variability
Hampta pass trekking can be done in any season, but the best time to go for the trek is in the month of June to September. Hampta Pass trekking gives an amazing experience of exploring your life with special hues of nature. One gets an incredible view of rock faces, frosty valleys, thick pine forest, open meadows, adrenaline pumping waterway and pleasant as well as adventurous crossing areas.
Hampta pass trek connects two beautiful valley named; Kullu and Lahaul were one gets various Landscapes. Colorful Himalayan birds, species and flowers attract the viewers by their beauty. The scenic landscape, frequent changes in weather and atmosphere delights the trekkers and gives a good option of clicking pictures. Climbing on the snow stretch and finding peace with nature with the surroundings of Himalaya is vast. Hampta Pass is an unusual, special pass.
Hampta Pass starts from beautiful hill station Manali
At an altitude of Manali trekkers cross from Jobra to Chika. Crossing through small pine forests, huge rock and rich vegetations are remarkable. Traveling just for four hours and you reach the second destination of your trek – Chika. Here you enjoy the refreshing river, waterfalls and grassy land. Here the camps are tented and trekkers hold at night and relax.
The second day of the trek is Balu ka Gera. At Balu Ka Gera you meet with huge rocks at Nani Lake, enjoy the icy cold water, mountain and click photographs to make your trip memorable. The next destination is Shea Goru, it is an 8 hrs journey. Colorful riverside tiny flowers and patches of snow divert the attention of trekkers.
Hampta Pass Deo Tibba Peak
The view is clearly visible. Hampta Pass has got two ridges. The zig-zag route, U-turn, downhill and snowfall with an uncertain rainfall makes the trekking moment more enjoyable. It is an easy trek with a moderate level of walking area. Then here comes the second last destination from Siagoru to Chatru; it is a downhill trek of 5 hours. Here you get rivers and beautiful valleys in the heart of mountain ranges.
The trekking is quite difficult in this area because of slippery soils and rocky edge path. Chandra River and glacier flow near it make a remarkable statement in the trek. The final destination to the trek is Chatru to Chandratal. Chatru is at a distance of 70 Kms far from Chandartal. You can drive to Chandratal and visit the Moon Lake; it is the main point to visit in Chandartal and step back to Manali after enjoying your time at utmost. You can also enjoy the local sightseeing of Manali.
The drive to Manali to Jebra road head
From where the Hampta pass trek starts) is one of the most picturesque drives in the Himalayas through Himachal Manali, Jebara, Cheeka, Balu ka Gera, Shea Goru, Chatru, Chandartal, Rohtang pass, Manali along the Chandra River Hampta pass trek is one the easiest treks in the Himalayas to enjoy thick snow cover.
Getting to the base of Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Take an overnight bus from Delhi or Chandigarh. You will reach Manali early the next morning (travel time from Delhi is 12-14 hours/ Chandigarh is 8-10 hours). Tickets can be booked online on www.redbus.in or www.hrtc.gov.in. HRTC or HPTDC buses are usually on schedule. Meet to our office member at Manali mall road and drive to Jebra road head start point of Hampta Pass & Chandartal.
Key Points about this Trek:
- Level: Moderate (so first-timers should avoid)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperatures?
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains, the region is prone to landslides
- Phones don’t work
- The beautiful landscape so carry good photo gear (I couldn’t carry my best equipment)
- Travel light (my backpack was heavy at about 10 kg)
- Keep an extra day in your itinerary for crossing the pass to account for bad weather
- Duration:- 5 Days Manali to Manali
- Best Season:- Jun, July August, September
- Level:- The trek experience, moderate
- Highest Points, Altitude:- (4310 Meters ) (13330, feet)
- Round Trekking distance:- Jebara Road head to Chatru (total) (28 Km)
- Weather:- The Hampta Pass Trek camp night be cold day temperatures are pleasant during the season
- Summer temperatures:- Hampta Pass Trek – 3 ° C to 15° C
- Location Chart:- Manali Cheeka to Balu Ka Gera Balu Ka Gera to Shea Goru via Hamta pass Shea Goru to Chatru (Chatru to Manali/Chandratal to Manali*)
- Started point: Pick up to you Manali base camp – Mall Road !!