Bird-watching is observation of birds it is a recreational activity. When you go for trekking you can enjoy this activity. You can see them with naked eyes or through telescope or binoculars. You can see the diverse species of birds, the nature is beautiful and the creatures too. Bird-watching has gained popularity in India. There are many places in Uttarakhand for bird watching.
Uttarakhand has a great diversity of flora and fauna, it is home to rare species. When you go for trekking you can enjoy bird-watching there. Their chirping sound would be a delight in the morning and waking up to their sound would be enchanting. People who live in cities do not often get to see many birds or do not hear their chirping sound so if you love nature and its creatures you must do this activity, if you love wildlife photography you can use your skills here capture the pictures of beautiful rare species of birds, this is far more fun than we actually think.
State bird of Uttarakhand is Himalayan Monal also known as Impeyan monal it is found in the Himalayas it is ranked as one of the most beautiful bird of Indian subcontinent. When you go for trekking in Himalayas you can spot Himalayan Monal there. Himalayas are home to some are species of birds. Some more birds are found like Himalayan Quail, Black bulbul, Golden eagle, Griffon vulture etc. Going bird-watching is an adventure it reduces your stress and away from your phones and busy life you enjoy in peace.
Uttarakhand Birding Destinations in Garhwal
1. Agora-Barsu-Dayara (Uttarkashi)
2. Asan-Timli (Dehradun)
3. Chakrata-Kotikansar (Dehradun)
4. Chilla-Rajaji (Dehradun and Pauri)
5. Thano-Maldevta-Lachhiwala (Dehradun)
6. Deolsari-Magra (Tehri Garhwal)
7. Har ki Dun, Changsheel, Ruinsara taal (Govind Pashi vihar National Park)
8. Khirsu (Pauri Garhwal)
10. Deoriatal Chopta/Rudraprayag
Jhirnakalagarh Corbett National Park Uttarakhand Birding Destinations Kumaon –
1. Binsar Jageshwar Bird-watching (Almora)
2. Kaladhungi-Baur (Nainital)
3. Munsiyari-Sarmoli-Khalia- Chiplakot- Askot Wildlife Sanctuary (Pithoragarh)
4. Nandhur Wildlife Sanctuary (Champawat)
5. Pangot- Sattal Bird-watching (Nainital)
6. Powalgarh-Sitabani-Kotabagh in Powalgarh Conservation Reserve Powlgarh- Kotabagh-
7. Dhikala-Gairal in Corbett National Park
Corbett: Dhikala-Gairal (Ramnagar)