HPMA – A helping hand
Har Ki Dun Protection and Mountaineering Association is not only working in the field of adventure but is also working socially for the people who are in need. We are not doing it for attention but for Humanity and Kindness.
Our team wants to contribute for the growth of our nation and people living in remote areas who are unaware of services and facilities. The mission is to make them aware and provide facilities, basic necessities and a chance to earn a living.
Unawareness is a big problem for people in mountains, they are facing many challenges day by day so we want to be the helping hand for them and our efforts will surely pay off by the growth and good of people living there.
“Do good and it will eventually get back to you in return.”
Challenges in remote areas are –
- Lack of Education
- Health problems
- No job opportunities
- No conservation of natural resources
- Lack of knowledge about the environment
There are many more problems associated and we are trying to help as much as we can. Our focus is to remove the root of these problems and contribute for the growth.
Education plays a very crucial role in the lives of people, we analysed this problem and started a school in Sankri named “Har Ki Dun”. There children are getting education at minimal cost and we provide books, dress and a bag to the students.
- In these camps we tell people about the importance of education and being literate and why they should educate their children.
- Books are distributed to the children at no cost.
- Villagers who cannot afford to educate their children can get education from “Har Ki Dun” school for free.
- We organise health camps on a regular basis for the people who are suffering from diseases and are not getting treatment.
- Doctors are invited and they stay at our hotel “Swargarohini” people do not have to pay any cost for the medicines and check-ups.
- Medicines are distributed and there is free check-up for everyone.
- These camps are organised on regular basis so that people can get treatment.
- People are made aware of the problems faced in their daily lives. They are told about the conservation of resources and how to prevent degradation.
- We tell about the opportunities for the girls and how women are excelling in every field to motivate the girl child living in remote villages.
Distribution of clothes blankets and some items of basic necessities are distributed to the villagers. In winters it gets chilly and cold at high altitude. These things are necessary for daily lives and we arrange the programmes on regular basis.
- The people from villages don’t have many opportunities so we are providing jobs to the people in need so that they can earn a living and educate their children.
- We train people in mountaineering courses and trekking has become a great source of livelihood and we see giving chances to the villagers.
- Everything is provided to the team members of HPMA like trekking equipments clothes shoes and food. We don’t only care for our customers but for everybody.
- We tell people about preventing the harmful activities which degrades the environment. People unknowingly do such activities by which environment degrades.
- Conservation of natural resources.
- Villagers are told about maintaining the balance of environment and being eco-friendly to preserve nature.