Panwali Kantha Trek In Uttarakhand, India
Panwali kantha is located between the Gangotri and Sri Kedarnath axis. Hence it can easily be reached from both Gangotri side and Sri Kedarnath side. From Gangotri side the trek starts from uttarkashi and from Sri Kedarnath side it starts from Triyuginarain. Panwali Kantha has many beautiful buygal (Meadows) along this trekking route.
The pretty and peaceful Panwali kantha bugyals lie at far flung heights, ranging from 2745 meter to 3970 meter on the old pilgrim trail from Gangotri to Sri Kedarnath. They are open grasslands and undulating slopes studded with patches of forests. With the advent of summer, the snows melt and the flowers and herbs blossom forth to carpet the Panwali kantha bugyal with a riot of colors.
Key Points about this Trek
- Level: Moderate trek (so first timers should avoid)
- Proper conditioning & training of body required
- Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperatures
- Shoes are the single most important equipment
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization
- Post monsoon or pre-monsoon is the best time. During rains the region is prone to landslides
- Phones don’t work
- Beautiful landscape so carry good photo gear (I couldn’t carry my best equipment)
- Travel light (my backpack was heavy at about 12 kg)
- Keep an extra day in your itinerary for account for bad weather
ATM Point & Mobile connectivity
Uttarkashi , harshil is the last point where you will receive mobile network. Only Vodaphone and BSNL so ensure you finish your important telephone calls here. Inform anxious family members about poor connectivity during the trek.
Dehradun Or uttarkashi city is also where you will find the last ATM in case you need to withdraw money before starting the trek Journey
Getting to the base Harshil
Take an overnight train to Dehradun from Delhi. New Delhi-Dehradun A/C special train from New Delhi station is the best option. The train reaches Dehradun at 5.40 am. If you Meet to our office member and drive to harshil
Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 25 km from the city. There is a daily flight from Delhi to Dehradun
Note:- Bangalore to Dehradun Flight Available & Delhi to Dehradun
- Nandadevi Express – Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival – 5:40am)
Dehradun Express – Train no: 12687 (Departure – 9:10pm; Arrival – 5:00am)
There is regular bus service from Delhi to Dehradun, from Delhi, ISBT Kashmere Gate.
We would suggest you to take only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate. Private buses ply from outside ISBT and they are not trust worthiness.
Usually buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you have to come to Dehradun Railway Station meet us railway station 6:30 Am.
- Duration – 11 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Best Season – May, June, sep, Oct
- Level – The trek experience, Moderate
- Highest Points – Altitude:- (3970 Meters)
- Weather – The Panwali kantha Trek base night be cold day temperatures are pleasant during the season
- Summer Temperature – Panwali kanatha Trek 1° C to 8°C